This might be my fav fashion trend of the year! Who didn’t dream of being able to throw on layers & still look fun, cute, & fashionable! I sure did!
Layering has been around for a little while, and it looks like it’s here to stay. I am totally ok with that. I’ve compiled list of a few secrets that will make getting dressed in the morning even easier.
- Flannel Tops: The winter months bring on the love for flannels. A little secret:: Ladies, dont be afraid to shop in the mens department for your flannel tops! They are usually a little thicker and give you more of the “boyfriend” look. Buffalo Plaid is where its at!
- Sherpa is the new leather. Haha, ok, maybe I took that one a little too far, but we can all agree that the new sherpa fad is a cool weather favorite. The selection is endless even for the little babes!
- Vests- Um, hello! These are the PERFECT layering pieces. Not only will they give you some dimension, but you can, literally, wear them with anything.
- Hiker Boots- & guess what, you dont even have to be planning a trip to the mountains to get away with wearing these boots everyday! Plus- mixing brown & black? Totally do-able and totally fashionable!
- Uggs- Yes, I am a lover of uggs and that will NEVER go away. Everyone should have a good pair of these warm boots in their closet. They are easy to throw on with leggings, super comfy, and you can pair them with EVERYTHING!
- Leggings- I own countless pairs of leggings and I am so glad I do. You know those days where you want to be warm, but you also dont feel like wearing jeans? Because #duh. Leggings can be worn with everything, they give you the “skinny” leg feels, so you aren’t having to tuck so much fabric/pant into your boots. I think every girl should own at least 14, 7 black, and the rest in different, fun, colors to help spruce up your outfit.
& Lastly, you don’t have to be so perfect with color matching. I’ve had so much fun throwing pieces together and being ok with being free & fun.
I’ve linked some of my favorite finds for y’all- let me know what staples YOU are digging too!